CIJA’s Campus team provides expertise, resources and issues-management support to Jewish and pro-Israel students across the country. Serving as strategic consultants, CIJA empowers student leaders and local Hillel staff to counter Israel boycotts and anti-Israel slander, advocate on behalf of Jewish students, and form partnerships with non-Jewish students on campus. CIJA’s team communicates directly with university faculty and senior administrators to address community concerns and build bridges between Canadian and Israeli universities.
Here are five ways CIJA empowers Jewish and pro-Israel students:
1. PROTECTING THE RIGHTS OF STUDENTS
- We work with Hillel professionals and Jewish student groups across Canada to stand up for the rights of students, monitor and counter anti-Israel activists, and ensure a national, coordinated strategy to make our campuses better homes for Jewish and pro-Israel students.
- We provide strategic support for students with academic complaints to counter instances of abuse of podium.
- We communicate with campus officials on issues of student security and to ensure student safety.
- We train student activists in how to become engaged in student government and active in student politics.
2. COUNTERING THOSE WHO SLANDER ISRAEL
- We offer grants and advocacy materials to empower Jewish and pro-Israel students to defend Israel from slander and lies.
- We provide media and communications training to help students develop effective, winning strategies and messaging based on extensive polling and focus-group research.
3. SHARING ISRAEL’S ACHIEVEMENTS, VALUES AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WORLD
- We empower students to promote Israeli technology, culture, democracy, and human rights through grants for innovative and fun programs that educate non-Jewish students about the real Israel.
4. HOSTING IMPACTFUL, LIFE-CHANGING CAMPUS MISSIONS TO ISRAEL
- We host non-Jewish Canadian student leaders, faculty, and administrators on fact-finding missions to Israel, providing first-hand knowledge of the challenges facing Israel and the values Canadians and Israelis share.
- We support friendly faculty who are at the forefront of combating academic boycotts of Israel.
5. BUILDING BRIDGES BETWEEN CANADIAN AND ISRAELI UNIVERSITIES
- We maintain close relationships with senior Canadian university officials, which is critical to advocating for Jewish students and enhancing Canada-Israel academic ties. Deepening Canada-Israel relationships has resulted in countless strategic partnerships on campuses from coast to coast.